Carrot and Ginger Soup
The zing of ginger and the slight sweetness of carrots are a delightful combination. But aside from being delicious, this soup is packed with vitamins and nutrients essential for health and wellness.
As well as giving healthy, glowing skin, Vitamin A in carrots cleanses the body – assisting the liver in flushing out toxins. It reduces the bile and fat in the liver. The fibers present in carrots help clean out the colon and hasten waste movement. The regular consumption of carrots also reduces cholesterol levels because the soluble fibers in carrots bind with bile acids.
Ginger is a virtual medicine chest. This wonder spice has timetested, digestion-friendly properties. In addition to its numerous other health benefits, such as helping in the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body, it also has great anti-inflammatory properties.
What You Need
- 1 tablespoon oil – we recommend UDO’S 3:6:9 Oil Blend
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups chopped carrots (8 to 12)
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup rice – we recommend FORBIDDEN organic green rice
- 4 cups stock – we recommend AUSTRALIA’S OWN organic vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt, or to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley